We extended our learning about ions to the study of ionic compounds, reviewing Lesson 17-19 content in preparation for the mini-quiz tomorrow. We then worked through the Lesson 20 PowerPoint which included the vocabulary terms of cation and anion and learning about how different numbers of anions and cations combine by following the Rule of Zero Charge. Students received a handout containing common ions and their charges to use as a resource, and we worked through the first few problems on the back of the Lesson 20 Worksheet. Students should continue working on the Lesson 20 worksheet after the mini-quiz tomorrow and this weekend as time permits. We will review a selection of the problems from the worksheet on Monday.
Homework for this evening:
- Review Lesson 17-19 content and prepare one (teacher-provided) note card of notes to use on the mini-quiz.
- Read Lesson 20 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the homework problems at the end of Lesson 20 and then verify accuracy with the Lesson 20 Homework Answers.
- Write notes for Lesson 20 on the Chapter 4 Notes handout.
- Come to class Monday prepared to ask questions about anything from Lesson 20 you do not yet fully understand.