After discussing the handout from Cosmos: Hiding in the Light, we transitioned to an exploration of the properties of light as a wave. Class notes are posted below. For the lesson, students were assigned to read Lesson 113: Light Energy in the textbook, then answer the exercise questions at the end of the lesson. Answers to the questions will be turned in as an assignment.
Notes from class:
Continue exploring the electromagnetic spectrum with NASA’s Astronomer’s Toolbox.
- Read Lesson 113 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the practice problems at the end of Lesson 113.
- Please ask questions about anything from Lesson 113 you do not yet fully understand.
Opportunities For Help Outside of Class:
- Mr. Swart’s office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until at least 3:00 (later with advanced notice)
- Use the vast number of resources available on this website – check each lesson!
- Email Mr. Swart for help if staying after school is not possible
- Form a study group with other students to review concepts from class
- Attend MASH after school (M/T/Th in Library)
- Attend Math Lab after school (T/Th in Room 124)