Welcome to Week 33! Last week, you constructed phylogenetic trees based on the relationships (like physical appearance, bird songs, and DNA sequences). For this week, we will be extending our study of evolution to include the process of co-evolution. Co-evolution occurs when two or more species interact over time, and influence each other’s evolution. Please work through the list of links below. Each section contains important information and ends with a portion of the weekly assignment. You can complete it all in one sitting or break it up as needed. Ready, set, go!
- Weekly Attendance Check-In
- Types of Biological Relationships (Google Doc assignment)
- Zombie Parasites (Google Doc assignment)
- Biological Warfare and the Co-Evolutionary Arms Race (Google Doc assignment)
You did it! Just to make sure, here’s a checklist of items you must complete this week by Sunday, May 10 at 11:59pm:
- Weekly Attendance Check-In (school district requirement)
- Biological Relationships Vocabulary section of Google Doc (worth 11 assignment points)
- Zombie Parasites section of Google Doc (worth 4 assignment points)
- UC Berkeley Understanding Evolution section of Google Doc (worth 20 assignment points)
Remember, you can email me any time. Office hours for Science are Tuesdays from 11am-12pm and Thursdays from 1pm-2pm. Check your student Gmail for Zoom instructions.
Finally, by popular demand…click here for the Week 33 Bonus Credit Opportunity!