Welcome to Week 32! For this week, we will be extending our study of evolution to include the process of constructing phylogenetic trees from physical observations of species, as well as DNA analysis. Please work through the list of links below. Each section contains important information and ends with a portion of the weekly assignment. You can complete it all in one sitting or break it up as needed. Ready, set, go!
- Weekly Attendance Check-In (required)
- How Evolution Works (required)
- The Beak of the Finch (required)
- Creating Phylogenetic Trees from DNA Sequences (required)
- Biology Refresher…review now before it’s too late!
- Biology Honors Credit…push yourself!
You did it! Just to make sure, here’s a checklist of items you must complete this week by Sunday, May 3 at 11:59pm:
- Weekly Attendance Check-In (school district requirement)
- Natural Selection Video Recap section of Google Doc (worth 10 assignment points)
- Beak of the Finch section of Google Doc (worth 20 assignment points)
- Sorting Finch Species section of Google Doc (worth 20 assignment points)
- Creating Phylogenetic Trees from DNA section of Google Doc (worth 40 assignment points)
Remember, you can email me any time. Office hours for Science are Tuesdays from 11am-12pm and Thursdays from 1pm-2pm. Check your student Gmail for Zoom instructions.
Finally, by popular demand…click here for the Week 32 Bonus Credit Opportunity!