Now that you have been introduced to toxins, it’s time to bring it all together:
- Begin by reading Lesson 74 (Toxicity) in our online chemistry textbook. Chemistry textbook login instructions are provided at the bottom of this post.
- Complete textbook exercises 1-5 on page 384 of the book (the last page of Lesson 74). (Worth 20 assignment points)
- Create a Google Doc titled “Week 31 – Student Name” (example: Week 31 – Carter Swart), share the Google Doc with Mr. Swart, and type in your answers to the Doc.
- Or, answer on paper, take a picture of your work, and email it to Mr. Swart
- Need help? You have options!
- Click here for more help on understanding toxins.
- Reach out to a friend a create an online study group.
- Email Mr. Swart with specific questions.
- Attend Mr. Swart’s office hours on Tuesday (11am-12pm) and/or Thursday (1pm-2pm) via Zoom.
- Check out this helpful video tutorial on how to calculate LD50:
Chemistry Textbook Login Instructions:
- Log in and enter your username and password:
- Username: full student gmail address.
- Password: HighlineMM/DD (student birthday, use leading zero if needed, i.e. March 7 = 03/07)
- Forgot your password? Click here to reset your password. Enter your student gmail address and follow the instructions.
- Work through the practice problems at the end of Lesson 74.
- Please ask questions about anything from Lesson 74 you do not yet fully understand.
Extend Your Learning!
Wondering about how scientists define the kilogram? Turns out the way we define the kilogram just changed late in 2018. Read about it at PBS.org or watch the video below:
When finished, return to the Week 31 – Toxicity Post.