Next, let’s “talk” Chemistry! Our focus this week involves revisiting two concepts that were introduced just before the shut-down: Balancing Equations and Types of Reactions.
- Visit the Balancing Equations post to review our work from school and to watch a couple of excellent review videos.
- With all of the craziness that last week of school, quite a few students did not have the opportunity to turn in the Balancing Chemical Equations Gizmo. The Gizmo was sent to your student Gmail if you need a copy.
- How do you turn it in? You have options:
- Print it out, complete the work, then email me back a scanned copy.
- Don’t have a scanner? Email me pictures.
- Don’t have a printer? Write answers on a sheet of paper and email me a picture of your work.
- Even better, save a tree! Type answers in a Google Doc and share the Doc with me. Name the document “Balancing Chemical Equations Gizmo – student name” (example: Balancing Chemical Equations Gizmo – Baxter Swart).
- Need extra help? Attend my science office hours via Zoom on Tuesdays (11am-12pm) and Thursdays (1pm-2pm). You are always welcome to email me as well. You absolutely must advocate for yourself. I am here to help you – please reach out!
- After emailing Mr. Swart your completed Gizmo (or checking Synergy to verify you already turned it in and received credit), go back to the Week 30 – Types of Reactions page and proceed to Step 3.