We extended our learning about acids and bases by learning and applying the Arrhenius and Bronsted-Lowry definitions via the Lesson 85 PowerPoint, the Lesson 85 worksheet, and the Acid-Base Solution Card sort activity. For homework, students were assigned textbook problems #1-8 from Lesson 85, provided to students in the form of a work packet for Lessons 85-87.
Note: While our intent is to complete the packet this week, we have the following scheduled interruptions and will adjust our timeline and learning goals accordingly:
- WCAS Science Exam (all 11th grade students) on Tuesday, June 4 and Wednesday, June 5. Students will test either during periods 1-3 or 4-6, with a schedule forthcoming.
- All 10th grade field trip on Wednesday, June 5.
- Pirate Mutiny on Friday, June 7, schedule forthcoming.
Interested in learning more about acids and base chemistry? Check out the Crash Course video below:
Students who would like to further their understanding of Bronsted-Lowry acids and bases are encouraged to watch the Khan Academy video provided below:
- Read Lesson 85 in the textbook and complete the exercises assigned in the work packet. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Please ask questions about anything from Lesson 85 you do not yet fully understand.
Opportunities For Help Outside of Class:
- Mr. Swart’s office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until at least 3:00 (later with advanced notice)
- Use the vast number of resources available on this website – check each lesson!
- Email Mr. Swart for help if staying after school is not possible
- Form a study group with other students to review concepts from class
- Attend MASH after school (M/T/Th in Library)
- Attend Math Lab after school (T/Th in Room 124)