For the first lesson of Chapter 15, students were immersed in the vocabulary of solution concentration. The Lesson 80 PowerPoint includes six important vocabulary words that students recorded in their lab notebooks. Students received the Lesson 80 Worksheet and worked together in groups to complete Part 1.
For Part 2 of the worksheet, students were shown gummy bears (Haribo) that had been placed overnight in either water, 0.1 M sugar, 1.0 M sugar, 2.0 M sugar, or corn syrup The gummy bears were rinsed and the mass was measured. The results are pictured below:
The video of the supersaturated salt solution shown in the PowerPoint is also available below:
Notes from class on April 16:
- Read Lesson 80 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the practice problems at the end of Lesson 80.
- Please ask questions about anything from Lesson 80 you do not yet fully understand.
Opportunities For Help Outside of Class:
- Mr. Swart’s office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until at least 3:00 (later with advanced notice)
- Use the vast number of resources available on this website – check each lesson!
- Email Mr. Swart for help if staying after school is not possible
- Form a study group with other students to review concepts from class
- Attend MASH after school (M/T/Th in Library)
- Attend Math Lab after school (T/Th in Room 124)