For the final lesson of Chapter 14, we worked through the Lesson 79 PowerPoint in which we ultimately compared the toxicities of regular and diet soda, containing fructose and aspartame, respectively. Students then received the Lesson 79 Worksheet to work through for the remainder of class. As a reminder, we have a mini-quiz on Thursday, so students should come to class tomorrow prepared with questions from our work in Chapter 14 (Lessons 74-79) and from the Chapter 13/14 Study Guide.
- Read Lesson 79 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the practice problems at the end of Lesson 79.
- Please ask questions about anything from Lesson 79 you do not yet fully understand.
Opportunities For Help Outside of Class:
- Mr. Swart’s office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until at least 3:00 (later with advanced notice)
- Use the vast number of resources available on this website – check each lesson!
- Email Mr. Swart for help if staying after school is not possible
- Form a study group with other students to review concepts from class
- Attend MASH after school (M/T/Th in Library)
- Attend Math Lab after school (T/Th in Room 124)