Class began with a review of the connection between moles and particles. From there, students worked through an entry task requiring them to balance a combustion reaction, calculate atomic masses of the products and reactants from the reaction, and then to compare the results (thus demonstrating conservation of mass).
Next, students had the remainder of the class period to work through the Relative Mass and the Mole POGIL packet. Key concepts from textbook lessons 76-78 are distilled into a PowerPoint slide deck from students who desire additional review.
- Read Lessons 76-78 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the practice problems at the end of Lessons 76-78.
- Please ask questions about anything from Lessons 76-78 you do not yet fully understand.
Opportunities For Help Outside of Class:
- Mr. Swart’s office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until at least 3:00 (later with advanced notice)
- Use the vast number of resources available on this website – check each lesson!
- Email Mr. Swart for help if staying after school is not possible
- Form a study group with other students to review concepts from class
- Attend MASH after school (M/T/Th in Library)
- Attend Math Lab after school (T/Th in Room 124)