For the final lesson of chapter 13, students learned to classify the types of reactions as combination, decomposition, single exchange, or double exchange reactions.
- Combination: A + B -> C
- Decomposition: A -> B + C
- Single Exchange: AB + C -> A + BC
- Double Exchange: AB + CD -> AD + CD
We focused primarily slide 8 of the Lesson 73 PowerPoint. Students are encouraged to review the full slide deck, including the vocabulary defined on slides 9-12. Students then received the Lesson 73 Worksheet and Toxic Reaction Cards to work on for the remainder of class. As an alternative, students who self-assessed as needing additional practice balancing equations were offered the opportunity to work through the Balancing Equations Gizmo.
Notes from the whiteboard:
- Read Lesson 73 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the practice problems at the end of Lesson 73.
- Please ask questions about anything from Lesson 73 you do not yet fully understand.
Opportunities For Help Outside of Class:
- Mr. Swart’s office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until at least 3:00 (later with advanced notice)
- Use the vast number of resources available on this website – check each lesson!
- Email Mr. Swart for help if staying after school is not possible
- Form a study group with other students to review concepts from class
- Attend MASH after school (M/T/Th in Library)
- Attend Math Lab after school (T/Th in Room 124)