Class began with the ChemCatalyst from the Lesson 72 PowerPoint. With the lesson focusing on balancing chemical equations, we worked through the ChemCatalyst equation with a focus on differentiating coefficients and subscripts (slides 11 and 12). We used the remainder of the class period to practice balancing equations.
Notes from the whiteboard:
For students who would like additional instruction around balancing equations and enjoy learning by watching videos, I recommend Tyler DeWitt’s videos Introduction to Balancing Equations (above) and Balancing Chemical Equation Practice Problems (below):
- Read Lesson 72 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the practice problems at the end of Lesson 72.
- Please ask questions about anything from Lesson 72 you do not yet fully understand.
Opportunities For Help Outside of Class:
- Mr. Swart’s office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until at least 3:00 (later with advanced notice)
- Use the vast number of resources available on this website – check each lesson!
- Email Mr. Swart for help if staying after school is not possible
- Form a study group with other students to review concepts from class
- Attend MASH after school (M/T/Th in Library)
- Attend Math Lab after school (T/Th in Room 124)