Our first order of business is for students to complete the isotopes post-assessment survey:
After taking the survey, we returned to focusing our attention to electrons, culminating with Lesson 24. Class notes are shown below:
Student had the remainder of the class period to read Lesson 24 in the textbook to better help them understand the concept of sub-shells. Students are encouraged to watch the Crash Course chemistry video below as optional homework.
For Friday’s lesson, we will work through the Lesson 24 PowerPoint followed by the Lesson 24 Worksheet. Students will gain additional practice with electron configurations on Monday through the electron configuration Gizmo.
Extend your learning with additional videos focusing on electron orbitals and electron configurations.
Homework for this evening:
- Read Lesson 24 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the homework problems at the end of Lesson 24 and then verify accuracy with the Lesson 24 Homework Answers.
- Write notes for Lesson 24 on the Chapter 4 Notes handout.
- Come to class tomorrow prepared to ask questions about anything from Lesson 24 you do not yet fully understand.