After conducting the flame tests lab, we will construct a data table of flame tests results. Time permitting, we will review the Lesson 17 PowerPoint and begin discussing the analysis questions from the Flame Test Lab.
Note: Students who missed the Flame Test Lab may work through the Virtual Flame Test Lab on Scratch and then use the learning to work through the analysis questions.
The video below demonstrates the results of a flame test lab involving compounds with potassium (K), copper (Cu), sodium (Na), and strontium (Sr). Use your observations from the flame test lab you conducted with unknown metals (X, A, D, E) and try to decode the unknowns using the results of the flame test lab in the video.
Homework for this evening:
- Complete the Flame Test Lab analysis questions.
- Read Lesson 17 in the textbook. Login via hs.saplinglearning.com and enter your username and password:
- Username: wahps****s-####### (**** = first 4 letters of your last name and ####### = student number). Remember to include the dash between s and #.
- Password: S-####### (the S must be capitalized)
- Work through the homework problems at the end of Lesson 17 and then verify accuracy with the Lesson 17 Homework Answers.
- Write notes for Lesson 17 on the Chapter 4 Notes handout.
- Come to class tomorrow prepared to ask questions about anything from Lesson 17 you do not yet fully understand.