- Individually: Read and follow directions for developmental biologist through 2d on pages 45-47 of the BSCS Biology textbook.
- Individually: Write notes on Interview with Developmental Biologist
- Team: Arrange the embryo drawings in order, compare with answer key, discuss questions in 2d.
- Individually: Write explanations to questions in 2d.
- Individually: Once you’ve completed 2d, read “How DNA provides evidence for evolution” and answer these questions in your notebook:
- Where is DNA located and what does it do?
- How is DNA used as evidence for evolution?
- Team: Complete the Molecular Connection (cytochrome C) activity in packet.
- Team: Prepare the poster for presenting with the class:
- Description of their career
- What you learned from studying different stages of embryos from different organisms and how information is used as evidence for evolution
- DNA Comparison of Cytochrome C
- Share the cladogram and explain how it was constructed
- Summary about how DNA analysis contributes evidence to the theory of evolution