In preparation for the Chapter 4 quiz tomorrow, students worked through the Review Exercises on page 122 of the textbook. They had the remainder of the class period to prepare one page of notes to use on the quiz and access to computers for further review of electron configurations via the Gizmo from last Friday.
For the quiz tomorrow, students should be prepared to:
- Determine the products of two reacting ionic compounds
- Name compounds
- Write and interpret formulas involving transition metals
- Write the electron configuration for a given element
- Locate elements on the periodic table from a given electron configuration
- Explain the connection between electron configuration and the structure of the periodic table