After two days in the computer lab, students should have compiled enough information for their Chromosome Project to complete page 1 of the PowerPoint template (goal #1). Next, download and complete the Day 3 Activity Log. The major focus of today is to identify credible scientific resources and find the information necessary to complete slides 2 and 3 of the PowerPoint.
- Symptoms and characteristics of the disease/condition:
- How does someone know they have the disease/condition?
- What body systems are affected and how?
- What tests are used to detect the disease/condition?
- Who is affected? Who is at risk for having the disease/condition
- Outlook or quality of life:
- What happens if the disease/condition goes untreated?
- What treatment options are currently available?
- How does treatment affect the disease/condition?
- What treatment options may be available in the future?
Project scoring update: Many students were unable to locate their Day 1 Activity Log files, suggesting a problem with the student drives. Out of fairness, the grading rubric will be updated as follows:
- Minimum of 3 Daily Logs: 10 points per log (30 points total)
- PowerPoint slides (50 points total)
- Reflection (10 points)
- Audience participation during presentations (10 points)
- Presentation of PowerPoint (10 points of extra credit)